Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Printmaking!!

WOW!!! The 5th grade artists at Ford are doing an AMAZING job with our "trace monotype" printmaking project. I think that I can speak for all of us when I say that we had a BLAST with this project! It tickles me pink when students love a project enough to inquire about how they can do a certain project at home on their own. So, enjoy these fabulous pictures and if anyone wants to 'brave' a black ink printmaking project at home, here is a materials list (ink can be found at www.dickblick.com, other supplies can be found locally or at Dick Blick)...

- Plexi Glass (find it at Home Depot in small sheets)
- Metal File (optional for edges of plexi glass but it saves young hands and brayers from damage!)
- Akua WATER BASED Ink (see photo)
- Rubber Brayers (one small, one large preferably but 1 large would work)
- Sharp Pencil
- Thick "Sulphite" type White Paper (or other printmaking paper)
- Tape
- Dishwashing Soap





I was tempted to tell this amazing artist that it HAD to be Coke (that's the southerner in me!) but the artist in me let him express his love for Pepsi. And it does look very cool!


No comments: